Nature Inspired Cheesecloth Easter Basket
Go natural this Easter with a handmade basket that will look lovely all spring long! Use cheesecloth, twigs and Aleene’s® Stiffen-Quik™ Fabric Stiffening Spray to create this simple centerpiece for your dining or side table.
- Aleene’s® Stiffen-Quik™ Fabric Stiffening Spray
- Cheesecloth – ½ yard
- Glass vase or goblet
- Plastic wrap
- 1” Styrofoam disc
- 2 Freshly cut twigs
- Cut cheesecloth into two 18” squares.
- Cover vase or goblet with plastic wrap. Cover work surface under goblet with plastic to protect from overspray.
- Drape one square of cheesecloth over goblet; spray with Stiffen-Quik until saturated.
- Drape second square of cheesecloth over goblet, aligning so that corners fall in between corners of first piece. Spray with Stiffen-Quik until saturated. Let dry completely. Tip: Use a hairdryer to speed the drying process.
- Repeat spraying and drying process until cheesecloth is stiff enough to stand alone without the vase/goblet.
- Cut foam disc to same size of goblet/vase base. Place in bottom of cheesecloth basket.
- Cut two small twigs. Push the cut ends of branches into the foam disc inside basket, on opposite sides. Cross the tops of branches and intertwine to form a handle.
- Fill basket with blown eggs in natural colors to create a natural decorative look.